2010年6月27日日曜日

6/27



I want to talk about my memory of childhood.
When I was in the third grade in an elementary school, I learned how to vault a horse in physical education class. I tried to vault a horse. But I couldn’t. When I looked around, I realized that three quarters of the students could vault a horse. They vaulted easily as if they had wings on the backs. I was amazed at that and I was patient with myself at the same time. I observed them and I tried it over and over again. But I couldn’t do it. Every time I was on the horse after I took off a springboard. (Actually I felt a pain in my hip each time.) I was sad that I didn’t have any wings. After all, I still couldn’t vault a horse. The horse seemed to be a big and tall monster for me. I was afraid of it.
After school, my teacher gave special lesson for students who couldn’t vault a horse in physical education class. Seven students including me took part in the special lesson. At first, the teacher asked us to try one more again. Then, she advised each student privately. She said to me ‘Yes you can.’ I tried again. But I still couldn’t. Suddenly she left a gym. A few minutes later, she returned with a gummed tape in her hand. Then she stuck a piece of gummed tape on the horse. And she told that the tape showed you the position which you should touch by your hands. The tape looked farther than the position I always touched. So I had to take off the springboard more strongly than usual. I made up my mind to start running toward the horse. After taking off the springboard strongly, my hands reached the tape. My body rose up in the air and I could vault the horse perfectly. I thought I had a big wings.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿