2010年6月1日火曜日

BOOK REPORT


11309292
2C 35
Tomoko Migita

Author: Defoe Daniel
Book Title: Robinson Crusoe
Publisher: IBC Publishing
Place: Japan
Date: 2006
No. of Pages: 105 pages


Responding to the Plot: (a)If you were a character in the story, what would have done differently?

If I were Robinson Crusoe, I wouldn’t go to sea. I think it is not easy for a layman to sail, and good luck doesn’t repeat itself so not all time I am saved.
I agree to his father’s opinion that only very rich and poor people went to sea looking for adventure, and people in the middle like Robinson and his father stayed at home and took care of their business. If I were Robinson, I would follow his father’s advice and took care of my business.


Analyzing 7 Literary Terms:

1. Setting: lonely island in 17th century
2. Point of View: The story is told from the first person.
3. Conflict: Robinson fight with cannibals who eat people, and Robinson beat.
4. Climax: The scene which Robinson beat cannibals and he saved a man. After that he named the man Friday. Friday became a good servant, and Robinson and Friday left the island.
5. Symbol: Ship is a symbol of greed. Robinson got on board a ship to satisfy his desires any number of times.
6. Irony: The irony of this book is that Robinson paid no attention to his father’s advice and he fell into a dangerous situation again and again.
7. Theme: The theme of this book is “helping each other”. Robinson had lived in the island all alone for a long time. But before then and after he met Friday, he was helped and helped the others. I think people can’t live alone, so “helping each other” is very important for us.


Reflecting on the story: (h) What is something you learned from the story?

I learned two things from this story. First, “helping each other” is very important for us. People can’t live alone. Everyone helps someone and is helped by someone. Second, I am living a comfortable life. I can get food, water and cloths easily, and I have many good friends. I thought that I must deeply appreciate my circumstance.
This book is great, so I want everybody to read this.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿