2010年6月8日火曜日

The Secret Garden

Author: Burnett H. Frances
Book Title: The Secret Garden
Publisher: IBC Publishing
Place: Japan
Date: 2005
No. of Pages: 133 pages


Responding to the Plot: (a)If you were a character in the story, what would have done differently?

If I were Mary, I couldn’t make friends with Colin, and I couldn’t cure his illness. And I think I couldn’t recover from my shock of my mother’s death.
I think Mary has great inner strength. I want to be like her.


Analyzing 7 Literary Terms:

1. Setting: Yorkshire in England
2. Point of View: The story is told from the third person.
3. Conflict: Mary tried to make Colin get out from his room. But first Colin didn’t want to get out from his room. At last Colin went to the garden with Mary.
4. Climax: The scene which Archibald Craven came home and saw his son Colin. Mr. Craven didn’t know that Colin recovered his health.
5. Symbol: Garden is a symbol of happiness. The garden make Colin be in good health.
6. Irony: The irony of this book is that Colin thought he would die but soon he got well.
7. Theme: Illness arises from sickness of the spirit.


Reflecting on the story: (h) What is something you learned from the story?

To make friends and play with them are very important for us. It is not only good for our mind but also good for our body. Body is closely connected with mind. I learned that illness arises from sickness of the spirit.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿