2010年6月8日火曜日

Tom Sawyer


Author: Mark Twain
Book Title: The Adventure of Tom Sawyer
Publisher: IBC Publishing
Place: Japan
Date: 2005
No. of Pages: 135 pages


Responding to the Plot: (e)Which incidents in the novel did you find wonderful, surprising, comical, or even shocking?
I was surprised at the scene which Tom tells the truth to everybody to help old muff in the meeting house without consulting nobody on the matter. To tell the truth is very risky action. If I were him I would consult parents about it.
I think his courage is wonderful.


Analyzing 7 Literary Terms:

1. Setting: Saint Petersburg which is small town near the Mississippi River in USA
2. Point of View: The story is told in the third person.
3. Conflict: Thomas Sawyer fight against fear.
4. Climax: The scene which Tom and Becky were lost in the cave and see Indian Joe. And at last Tom and Huck found the gold.
5. Symbol: blood
6. Irony: Huckleberry Finn is poor boy and he wants money. But when he got a lot of money he noticed that the rich life didn’t suit him.
7. Theme: Friendship and Growth which cultivated through many adventures and events.


Reflecting on the story: (a) How does the character’s life compare to your life?
His life is very different from my life. I think my life is very ordinary. But his life is not.
The first different thing is that he doesn’t live with his parents. I live with my parents and I am given huge love by them. I think he feel lonely.
The second different thing is that he doesn’t like school and has many adventures. I like school because there are many friends in there. And I never have any adventure.
I am satisfied with my life. But I also yearn for his life.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿